WELCOME to my blog!!

It has been approximately 2 years since I regularly updated, but recently I began missing my blogging. I have gone against "the rules of blogging" by simply naming my blog "Bridget's Ramblings". It goes against the rules because you are supposed to choose one topic that you are passionate about and write about it. Well, it just so happens that I become passionate about anything that piques my interest at any given point in time. My husband once told me my hobby is finding new hobbies.....I can't deny it!! However, I will say that my kids--currently ages 11, 8, 6, and 4--will always be a major topic you can expect to read about. Beyond the kids, my current secondary interests include running and biking....gardening will most likely be the next topic to grab my attention. But, the one thing you can count on is that I will undoubtedly ramble on about whatever I find interesting.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Monday 8-6

Today was not really a beach day. It was raining during the morning and looked like it would rain off and on throughout the day. We decided to cook a big breakfast, let the little guys have early naps, and then head to Ocean City. Ocean City has a really great boardwalk with lots of interesting stuff for the kids.

It was past lunch time by the time we got to the Ocean City boardwalk so we stopped for pizza first. Then we headed straight for the amusement park. There are a couple of different choices, but we took the kids to Wonderland Pier because they seemed to have a bigger selection of kids' rides. The kids had a fantastic time!!!

First, let me just say that Kaeli has turned into quite the little thrill-seeker. Anyone who has known her her whole life knows this is absolutely unbelievable!! She rode 3 or 4 thrill rides. But, the one that I find most shocking is the Pirate Ship. She rode on the Pirate Ship with Steve in Rehoboth about a month ago close to the end of the ship. I really thought she'd be scared. NOPE! She couldn't wait to get on the Pirate Ship at Wonderland. She marched right on that ride without me OR Steve and headed straight for the very last row of seats! We were able to watch her face from our vantage point. She did have a few moments where her face showed pure terror, but the rest of the time it was all smiles. She loved it!

Paige tends to stick with the in-between rides. Not really the "baby" stuff, but not the big thrill rides, either. I think her favorite was the swings. They go really fast around and it makes her fly into the air. I also think she really enjoyed the ride where you sit in a seat and it shoots you up in the air and then drops you back down. She had a few looks of terror on the way down, but it was always followed by a big smile.

Ryan rode the Merry-Go-Round and little cars without much emotion other than a few smiles. But, I wish I had had a video camera when he was on the last ride of the day. It was an airplane ride where he had a stick to move the airplane up or down as it went around. Ryan didn't really understand what the stick did, he just kept pushing/pulling it really fast. The airplane was bouncing up and down with each push/pull. He was going up and down so fast he was actually bumping up out of his seat. He loved it and had this huge smile on his face. He wasn't quite sure what was happening, but he knew it was FUN! I was laughing so hard watching him that I had tears streaming down my face. I can't believe we left the video camera in the car! We might have to go back there this week JUST so I can get that on video.

Before we left we stocked up on fudge, Irish Potatoes, and Saltwater Taffy. We also got t-shirts for the kids.

We were exhausted by the time we got home! Steve and I were looking forward to bedtime for the kids when we could just sit and relax.

No comments:

Empty space until I decide on a use for it