Today was another beach day. We got there at about 10 again and set up our camp. Basically, it was a repeat of Sunday. Kaeli and Paige spent most of the day in the ocean, Ryan mostly played in the sand trenches, and AJ spent the day eating sand. He did actually take a nap on the beach, though! That is a rarity for my kids, but it was much appreciated. Kaeli met a few friends, so she was thrilled. We got home by 3 again. The little guys had naps while the girls watched a video. Steve and I just tried to recuperate.
We chose tonight to do our sunset tradition because it was supposed to be a sunny day/night with minimal clouds. Our sunset tradition is something we do every year during our week-long vacation here. We got to Harpoon Henry's in Cape May, have dinner, and then walk across the street to the bay beach to watch the sunset. In the past, we've gotten some great pictures during this time. Unfortunately, there was a LOT of haze so we didn't get a sunset at all. :( Oh well, we did get a few pictures and the kids still had fun running around on the beach.
The night got interesting on the way home. One of Kaeli's top front teeth has been loose for a long time! On the way home she dropped the headphones on herself and somehow managed to mostly knock the tooth completely out. But, it was just barely hanging on. She tried and tried to get that tooth out, but it just wasn't coming. It was so sad. She spent a good 30-45 in the bathroom working on that tooth. She was so very upset. But, by 10:00 we decided she needed to give up on the tooth. I'm slightly worried that it might come out while she's sleeping, but hopefully not. I'm SURE it will be out tomorrow. But, the good news is that we were able to notify the tooth fairy that it will be happening VERY soon so that she could prepare herself for the unexpected trip to the beach. See, the tooth fairy got herself in a bit of trouble. She gave Kaeli a Webkinz for the other top front tooth and left a note saying that the top front teeth are extra special. So, she always leaves an extra special gift for the 2 top front teeth. I don't think the tooth fairy was prepared for the other top front tooth to come out while we were at the beach. BUT, like I said, she is now prepared! ;)
Not sure where else to put this, but it was funny, so I have to put it somewhere. A lemon wedge was served with my dinner. Ryan kept acting like he wanted it. There's no way to reason with this child, so I gave it to him. I figured he'd taste it and hand it back. After handing it to him I started eating my dinner. A few minutes later I look over and he has eaten half of the lemon. I don't just mean the pulp part. He has literally eaten HALF of this lemon wedge...peel and all! YUCK!! I tried taking it away and he got upset. Hopefully lemon peel can't cause any damage. Luckily, he stopped eating it after another couple of bites. I still have no idea how he could do that without it even phasing him! Yep, there's no doubt about it....our kids march to the beat of a different drummer. :)
WELCOME to my blog!!
It has been approximately 2 years since I regularly updated, but recently I began missing my blogging. I have gone against "the rules of blogging" by simply naming my blog "Bridget's Ramblings". It goes against the rules because you are supposed to choose one topic that you are passionate about and write about it. Well, it just so happens that I become passionate about anything that piques my interest at any given point in time. My husband once told me my hobby is finding new hobbies.....I can't deny it!! However, I will say that my kids--currently ages 11, 8, 6, and 4--will always be a major topic you can expect to read about. Beyond the kids, my current secondary interests include running and biking....gardening will most likely be the next topic to grab my attention. But, the one thing you can count on is that I will undoubtedly ramble on about whatever I find interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment