This past Christmas I created my first digital scrapbook with the help of Shutterfly.com. I first came up with the idea because I needed a gift for the grandparents. Once I got started, I realized it really is the next best thing to real scrapbooking! So, I made one for us as well and I hope to make a "year in review" album every year. Click here to view our 2007 Year in Review Album.
I started with Christmas 2006 because I was making it as a Christmas gift--we had not done Christmas 2007 yet.....so I will always start the album with the previous year's Christmas festivities. This was my first ever attempt at a digital scrapbook. Shutterfly's program is so easy and intuitive that I finished the book in only a few days. Of course, I'm now learning more about adding effects to pictures and so forth. So, my next album will look nicer.....but it'll also take me significantly longer, I'm sure.
I've always enjoyed scrapbooking, but just rarely found the time to drag out all the supplies. So, I never accomplished much in terms of creating a "real" scrapbook. That also means none of the kids even has a baby book. I had intended to create a scrapbook as their baby book and just never got around to it. Well, today I decided to start a digital scrapbook of Aaron's first year. I'm so excited and I've been working feverishly to at least get a few pages done. I can't wait to finish it now....shutterfly has made it so easy to make a beautiful scrapbook!
I decided to start with Aaron and work my way down to Kaeli. Ryan and Aaron will be relatively easy because ALL of their pictures are digital and still on the computer's hard drive. Paige and Kaeli will be a little more difficult because I'll have to scan their pictures first. I'm so happy to live in the digital age....it certainly makes preserving memories incredibly simple!
So, that was my long-winded way of saying---if I don't add much new content to my blog it's because I'm hard at work on Aaron's baby book! Wish me luck! :)
WELCOME to my blog!!
It has been approximately 2 years since I regularly updated, but recently I began missing my blogging. I have gone against "the rules of blogging" by simply naming my blog "Bridget's Ramblings". It goes against the rules because you are supposed to choose one topic that you are passionate about and write about it. Well, it just so happens that I become passionate about anything that piques my interest at any given point in time. My husband once told me my hobby is finding new hobbies.....I can't deny it!! However, I will say that my kids--currently ages 11, 8, 6, and 4--will always be a major topic you can expect to read about. Beyond the kids, my current secondary interests include running and biking....gardening will most likely be the next topic to grab my attention. But, the one thing you can count on is that I will undoubtedly ramble on about whatever I find interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment