WELCOME to my blog!!

It has been approximately 2 years since I regularly updated, but recently I began missing my blogging. I have gone against "the rules of blogging" by simply naming my blog "Bridget's Ramblings". It goes against the rules because you are supposed to choose one topic that you are passionate about and write about it. Well, it just so happens that I become passionate about anything that piques my interest at any given point in time. My husband once told me my hobby is finding new hobbies.....I can't deny it!! However, I will say that my kids--currently ages 11, 8, 6, and 4--will always be a major topic you can expect to read about. Beyond the kids, my current secondary interests include running and biking....gardening will most likely be the next topic to grab my attention. But, the one thing you can count on is that I will undoubtedly ramble on about whatever I find interesting.

Monday, June 2, 2008

That was a close one!!!

I thought I was going to post pictures of our trip to the beach, but instead I spent all my time trying fix a huge UHOH!! When I downloaded the pictures to the computer I accidentally erased half of them before getting them on the hard drive. Yes, if you've been reading you know this is my 2nd time to do this. I guess AJ takes after me in that neither of us learns from our mistakes after only once. The first time I did this it was no big deal because there were only about 3 pictures and just of Ryan swinging a bat. I can live with losing those pics forever. But, when I realized I had lost 2 whole days of beach pictures I was absolutely disgusted with myself. I literally had to fight back tears over my loss. After exhausting all the possible "easy" solutions I was just about to hang my head and go to bed with the knowledge that I had lost all those pictures forever.

I just couldn't walk away without searching the internet for answers, though. The thought crossed my mind that there's no way I'm the first dummy to make this mistake and if it's a common BAD mistake then there just HAS to be someone out there who knows how to fix it. I came across an pcworld article describing a software called file rescue plus. I downloaded the free trial version just to see if it would work. I can't even describe in words how excited I was to see those images that I thought were gone forever pop up on the list of *possibly* recoverable files. My heart was broken when I saw "poor" as the prognosis for actually recovering all my precious pictures. But, just seeing those images gave me hope that there really was a way to get them back.

And now, 40.00 and 2 hours later I'm so proud to say I am posting a link to our pictures in this entry. I'll come back and do some "storytelling" about the pictures tomorrow when I'm significantly less stressed. Right now I'm just exhausted in every way. I had to spend 40.00 to unlock the full version of the software in order to actually retrieve my pictures. That's pretty smart of them--give you a free trial just so you can look at what it is you're so desperate to get back. I'm actually surprised they don't charge more because desperate people tend to resort to desperate measures.

You can click here to see all those pictures that I will now NEVER forget! The ones that were lost are all the pictures of them actually playing IN the water and sand. The pictures of them in their regular clothes were taken on Friday night when we took the kids over just to "say hi to the beach". I just happened to erase all the ones from Saturday and Sunday which, of course, were some of my absolute favorites.

No comments:

Empty space until I decide on a use for it